Ok I am a little late in posting this, but our family has had a huge year, and so much to be grateful for. Starting off the year with a miscarriage I knew there was somehow a baby for us. I told Rhonda that I truly believe she was supposed to carry the baby, not me since our due dates were 4 days apart. So here are some highlights of the last year.
January
*Going to Maui in January with Dorney and her girls. Austin and I had such a great time and he loved hanging out with them. We stayed in the pit of Maui, but that is ok, we were in MAUI!
February
*My weekend with Mindy in San Fran. It was so great to hang out with another heart mom, and see important places to Mind and to me.
*Driving during the night to get the border of Mexico, won't go into details for those who don't know, but it was a crazy experience, and I won't forget it!
April
*Going to Disneyland with Tonya and Stockton. It was a great trip, and Austin had a blast.
*Finding Heart and Soul Adoption Agency, and finally knowing our baby would be here.
*Season Passes to Lagoon once again!
May
*Our conference call with Rhonda, I think that was one of the most nervwracking times in my life.
*Our trip to Kentucky to meet Rhonda and how well it went. We both felt so blessed to be in the prescence of our son.
June
*Tess and Sadie staying with us
*More communication with Rhonda
*Going to Seattle to see my mom and dad with Shereen, that was a great trip!
*Austin taking swiming lessons, so much fun for me and for him.
July
*Rhonda deciding to come out here to have the baby.
*Lots and lots of fun activties with Rhonda. I am so glad to have spent the time with her.
*My mom and dad coming home, babysitters back at last. Just kidding!
August
*Without question the biggest highlight of the year, Brock being born. Being in the delivery room, being able to cut the cord, and realizing after everything we had gone through, our miracle, our son, Austin's brother was finally here.
October
*Carlsbad!
*SeaWorld!
*Fidels El Norte
December
*Finding purses in LA that I used to have to go to NYC for.
*Best Christmas ever! I love everything from putting up the tree, to lighting the candles everyday to making what seems like 10 pans of caramels, and 24 Danish Pastries. I felt the spirit of Christmas like I haven't in several years.
We look forward to 2009 and all that will happen. Ok, I look forward to lots of traveling, and being brave enough to do it with 2 kids. On want list of places to go is Maui (come one, it has been almost a year since I last went, a record for me!), Washington DC (watch out Annie, you may have to add tour guide to your name again), San Fran, Paris (or rather Italy if I can swing it) and most likely Alaska. Of coarse this is all on the want list, so we will see what happens, but although I am not looking forward to being gone again at nights, I do want to FLY, so hopefully I will be able to last for a few months at least.
I am starting to ramble, so I better go take care of the little guy. We wish everyone a very Happy 2009!
17 years ago




1 comments:
I am so glad you posted about Christmas! I've been dying to hear from you, I'll just have to call. ;) I loved the pics and the food descriptions! I'll have to check out that cooking blog of yours... Can't wait!
Post a Comment