We had a great time in Phoenix! It was the first time I have been there in 2 years that it wasn't fertility related. No visits with Doctor Wacko this time, just pure shopping, eating, and playing with the dogs.
When Austin woke up Monday morning he got this big grin on his face and said "I get to go to Phoenix today!". He sat and waited in the car for me for over a half hour and every time I went out there he said "I love you Mom!". He also kept saying his was going to see "his puppies". We got to the airport and he was such a great helpler, so different than from before. He had to come with me to checkin while my dad waited in the car with Brock. He wheeled his suitcase and really was great. Going through security with two kids by myself was not has bad has I thought it would be, and then we went and got Austin his favorite "peanut pizza" at California Pizza Kitchen. The kids were great on the plane and everyone was so nice to us.
We got to Phoenix and Shereen had my great nephew Preston who is Austin's age with her. They just hugged and hugged. Austin was so excited to see him, and Preston was so cute. We then went up to her house and Aussie had a great time playing with Tess's two puppies. He liked the "small one" the best and was really good and gentle with them. Tess was a little protective, but she did well. We also got to meet my new great niece Alaina for the first time. She is a doll! Even though she is two months old, I forgot how little they can be.
Tuesday was spent shopping all day! 5 kids, 3 adults. I think we did pretty well. I got some really cute matching shirts for the boys that I can't wait for them to wear. I was also able to go to In N Out. Love that place! We had such a fun time, and it was great to spend time with my sis, and Jess. That night we went to Elephant Bar, my first time there. I had heard about it, but never been. Austin loved all the animals and for the most part was pretty good.
Wednesday we took Sadie and Tess out for a walk, and then did a little more shopping. We went to a mall out by where my little brother used to live. It was weird being in Phoenix again and not having my sis in law Brit and neice Jailee there. When it came time to go, Austin freaked. He said "I stay in Phoenix, come back and see me mom." Shereen let him take one of the puppies in the car on the way to the airport, but that still didn't help his mood. While we were checking in he had meltdown of all meltdowns, he just really did not want to leave. Thankfully he calmed down before we went through security and was ok on the flight. It was such a fun trip and I am so glad we went, and so glad I have such an awesome sisters who love my kids so much.
Last night Austin said to Scott "Dad you wanna go to Hawaii with me and watch the whales?" We are hoping to go in March, if all goes ok and I get a few days off. I am sure once I start back to work, the traveling journal will begin, that's what keeps me going when I think about working again.
We are going to the Draper Temple open house tonight with our next door neighbors so that should be fun. I am going to try and pack in as much as I can before I become a working mom again.
Karen
17 years ago




2 comments:
i am SO glad you made it through the trip with only one meltdown! YAH!!!
I'll have to hit the Elephant Bar when I go to visit my Uncles next time. Fill me in!
So fun to have you here! come back soon.
Post a Comment