Is this not the cutest pic? For Christmas my parents gave us food storage, and so Austin says these chips are from his Grandpa Claude. One of my new years resolutions is to get him to eat better, by the looks of this picture it does not appear I am doing very well, but we are making a little progress!
Ok, so I have the bug to go to Maui so bad, hence the new wallpaper on the blog. I don't find out my new schedule for work until the end of the week so I have to wait to plan anything until then, but I would love to take Austin to see the whales, and I would love to go eat a Mahi Mahi fish sandwich. For now we are planning to go to Phoenix next week. It will be great to get away from the cold since when I woke up this morning ksl.com said it was 7 degrees outside. Yep, 7. I will leave it at that, cause I still feel cold even though it is now 16. What the heck!
Brock is well on his way with solid foods. His favorite being sweet potatoes (isn't that a given?) and the worst, peas. I got sick just feeding him, I can only imagine what he must of thought of me, his mom giving him such yucky stuff.
We got a very cool letter in the mail the other day. It was from the Pulmonary Hypertension Association. I opened it, thinking they wanted us to donate, but I am glad I read the letter. It said that Ethan's cardiologist had donated to them in honor of Ethan. 6 years later, this man is still my hero. Although the easy thing for me to say about how Ethan died, is his heart condition I do believe in the end it was his pulmonary hypertension. For those who don't know what that is, it is pressure in the lungs. His heart was fixable, but with the pressure in the lungs it made it impossible for his heart to relax, and they are still working on a good cure for PH. I will be forever grateful to his amazing cardiologist who was Ethan's angel. He will forever have an impact on our lives.

So I am off to continue to dejunk and get the house ready for our final home visit this week.
Karen




7 comments:
Karen;
You guys are so cool, you guys are our heros. We really appreciate the opportunity to be your neighbors and have really enjoyed getting to know you better. All I can say about Phoenix and Maui is LUCKY!!!! ;)
Maui in Jan/Feb, where can I sign up!?
Oh, you haven't seen or felt cold yet! We went to bed on Saturday night in -4, woke up to -12. Oh and it didn't end there. Sunday night we went to bed at -4 and woke up and the low was -16 and -22 in some places. AND we had a cow have a calf out in the pasture last night too. Dang lucky thing. We're still wondering how he'll do overall.
And I loved your post about Ethan. That was precious and made me smile lots! Wish I'd met him. Later I suppose!
~Vicki
Wow what a cool Doctor, that he even remembers is name and all after 6 years. What a cute baby boy, it brought tears to my eyes. He's so cute. Sounds like you have a fun filled week of holidays :)
I cant wait to see you next week I am so excited to see brock. You are so strong and I am always amazed that you handle what life give you with a great outlook. See ya soon in sunny PX
Oh your little boy he is gorgeous... I'm sorry for your loss.. So you come up to Logan once in awhile.. I'm so sorry I haven't got the recipe for the turkey breast in the dutch oven I will I promise.. I just keep forgetting and then get busy doing things.. I will get it to you though... We will have to get together sometime you are in the area again....
So I came across your blog through Morgan's. Brock is adorable! I miss Austin and getting to spend time with him at the kids club- that was forever ago, I bet he's so big now! Glad to see everything's going well!
I love that pic of Ethan...he's soooo beautiful! How awesome that his cardiologist still thinks about him and did that donation in honor of Ethan. WE LOVE YOU ETHAN!!!
Post a Comment