Sunday, December 28, 2008

Best Christmas Ever!

Scott and I both agree this was the best Christmas we have ever had. On the 23rd we got together with our backdoor neighbors for our annual Christmas prime rib dinner. It was amazing as usual and Linda really out did herself. On Christmas Eve Day I ran what seemed like a million errands, and Scott was able to get off work a little early. Austin and I made Christmas cake with the tins my mom gave us for Santa and then we went up to McGraths Fish House which has become a tradition for us. We went there on Ethan's last Christmas and I like to do little things that remind us of him. We had a great time and when we came home Austin got a carrot from his Grandpa LeGrande's garden for Rudolph and the cake and letter ready for Santa.

I woke up at 6am to get cakes made to take to Logan despite being up until almost 12 the night before. Austin woke up a little earlier than usual, around 6:30 and I wasn't ready for him to wake up, I was still baking. He didn't say anything about Santa, about a half hour later he peeked through the gate and said "Santa came!" I told him to go get dad and Brock, luckily I was almost done with my baking.

We went into the living room and immediately he started asking for the red snow shovel he had seen a few days before. He found it and then opend the rest of his presents. He was so dang cute!!!!

Scott was so sweet and got me my favorite caramel corn from Mrs. Cavanaughs and some clothes. I wasn't expecting anything because of the adoption this year, but I really appreciate his thoughtfulness.

My mom and dad came over to see the boys and I made breakfast, we found a hashbrown quiche a few months ago so I made that along with our danish pastry and it was so good! We kept debating back and forth about going to Logan cause the storm was coming, finally around noon we called Scott's mom and told her we were not coming. I felt bad, but the boys have had bad colds and we could not risk getting stuck up there for a few days. Food wise, I had a back up plan and stopped at Honey Baked Ham the day before and had the stuff for cheesy potatoes. I need to remember this is not my recipe blog, cause I keep talking about food, but I guess that is a huge part of the holidays.

Even though we were sad not to go to Logan it was nice just to hang out at home and not do anything. I have to say I feel content. Although I never thought I would only have 2 kids in my home, Austin now has a sibling here and all along that is what I wanted. I am so glad this sweet little Brocky was with us this year. We love him so much and he made our Christmas so special.

2 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

I'm soooo happy that your christmas with Austin and Brocky was soooo special for you! YOU TOTALLY DESERVE THAT!!!! I love you Karen! Thanks for your unconditional friendship!

gina said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Extra special with your little bonus baby. I'm loving your blog and catching up with you this year.