Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Croupy Brocky

Monday morning when Brock woke up, he sounded like a frog when he tried to coo...all day long I attributed it to the fact I could feel the edge of a tooth coming in. Well by about 6pm as we were preparing to go to our backdoor neighbors for Linda's birthday his cough started to sound more like a bark. I think we are the worlds most protective parents and there was no way we were going to let him continue to bark without knowing what it was, so I took him to Kids Care. After several hours they finally determined the poor little guy has the croup and gave him a shot of a steroid.

He is still pretty miserable, but I have seen an improvement. I feel so bad for him, every time he coughs he just gets this sad frogy cry. On the tooth end, it keeps coming up and going back down, so I am not going to say he has his first tooth yet cause he doesn't. I don't want this blog to be a weight journal for him, but he now weighs 19.6 lbs. If he had the age, he would be close being able to sit forward. Hopefully he will start being his smiley self again and we can start sleeping a little more in our house!

Karen

2 comments:

Katie said...

19.6 pounds? Wow! Kiara is 2 1/2 and is only 27 pounds! Way to go, Brock! What a champ.

Sorry about the croup thing...that is definitely no fun for any of you. Hope it clears up soon.

Rachel said...

Hope the croup goes away soon-- it's no fun! All 3 of my girls used to get it regularly and I hated it. The fact that there is very little you can do for it doesn't help. Hope you get some sleep soon!