Monday, October 27, 2008

So much to say about our great, wonderful trip...


Let me just start off by saying, I love Carlsbad, just walking in the condo I get this overwhelming calming peace. Weird but I have felt that way since the first year we went.

When we got to the airport Austin immediately wanted his favorite pizza from California Pizza Kitchen (Thai Peanut, it is sooo good!). Both boys were so good on the plane!







We got into San Diego about 4 and by the time we got everything in the rental car it was about 5. We decided to go to Sea World for a few hours before they closed, such a great benefit of having season passes there. Austin has changed so much since the last time we went. He has a book that talks about polar bears, flamingos and walruses and he was able to see all of them. Here is a pic of the sharks, as you can see Austin was very scared of nervous of the sharks.




Austin loved playing "pirates" with his cousin Preston (and now we have costume number 2 for him for Halloween), the pic of Shereen and Brocky is on the deck of the condo. The sunsets there are amazing, just thinking about it I want to go back. The pic of Preston and Austin at the window is the window upstairs in the condo, it's like you could just walk through it and be in the ocean.



We went to Sea World a total of 4 times. 2 hours on Saturday, then all day on Monday, and Wednesday and then Scott and Austin went on Friday while I went shopping with my sister. When they went without Brock they wore their swim suits so they could sit in the soak zone. Austin was in awe of Shamu. I have never seen anything like it with him. He liked the dolphins, but he could not get enough of Shamu. He also really enjoyed seeing the Manatees, Polar Bears, and Walrus'. On his last time to the Shamu show, he wanted popcorn, but would not eat it until he was in the Shamu stadium. One of the greatest times for me as a mom.




As most people know, I have done a lot of traveling over the last 3+ years. I have to say this trip was one of my favorites. They boys were great, and it better than I could have imagined taking Austin to Sea World. We ate several times at Fidels (now called El Norte) and I got some Christmas shopping done. Our flight was delayed 3 hours, so here are some pics of us at the airport during the delay. Once again the boys did great on the flight and people were amazed at how good Brock was.


I am finally getting the house back in order, and looking forward to Halloween this week! Hard to believe daylight savings is here and November is Saturday. Can't believe our sweet little baby is 11 weeks tomorrow. Time is going fast!


Happy Halloween...















4 comments:

Jake and Morgan said...

Wow Karen i have to say i am quite jealous of how much you and your family get to travel. I think it would be so worth it! I have been wanting to go to sea world for so long it looks so much fun! I cant believe how big your boys are getting! Happy Halloween!

Wight Family said...

I am so excited to read that you are home!! And that you had a great time. I am often amazed at babies on planes. Some of them are so good and some just seem like they are miserable! I'm so glad that Brock is the first kind. Looks like you had tons of fun in Sea World (one of my favorite places to go!!!) Hope to see you soon!!

Dale said...

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the condo, that is right on the beach, looks awesome. We miss Sea World so much, that is our favorite place. Austin, did you give Shamu a hug from all of us?

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Ooooh! I love all the pics of your fun trip together. Shamu is soooooo cool! I bet Austin just loved every min. of Shamu. Trin would have loved Shamu too. It looks like you guys had such a wonderful time! I love the boys in their matching shirts!