Sunday, September 7, 2008

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it has been over two weeks since I have really posted. I know some of it is because I don't do very well typing one handed (Brock is in a phase where he wants to be held ALL the time!), and another is, my computer is so old that it takes forever to post pictures, so it overwhelmes me. Brock is asleep in his carseat right next to me right now, so I will give this my best shot. I really don't know where to begin so this post maybe a bit random, although that is not unusual for me.

The last week of August my neighbors threw a huge shower for Brock and I. It was so much fun to visit with people and to show Brock off. We had an amazing chocolate fountain that everyone just sat around. It was so sweet of my friends to do that, and I am so glad I have such a great support system here.

The next night my back door neighbors Linda and Lisa came over since they were not able to make it to the shower. Here is a picture of Brock in the outfit Linda gave him. He is starting to change and his face is filling out.

Now I have a really cool story to share. Last September when I went to Phoenix for my invitro I stayed at the casita of Diana, one of Shereen's friends. This lady is amazing and was the one who referred me to Doctor Couvaras. When Shereen had told Diana that we had adopted Brock, she got my address from Shereen. While Shereen was still here in Utah I received a package on my doorstep, it was from Diana. I opened it up, and all that was in there was tissue paper, and the outside of the envelope had been taped. I could tell at one time it weighed something by the amount of postage she had put on it. Shereen called Diana, and Diana told her that she had made me a blanket for Brock with his initials on it. Not only did she make me a blanket but she is in the process of moving and had to go to her moms house to make it since her sewing machine was packed up. Such an amazing lady. I was so heart sick, and so was she. Well about a week after that, I received a box with a note saying "this will have to do". It was a beautiful blanket with a B for Brock on it from Diana. I am still amazed at her, and how thoughtful she is. She is a one of a kind and I will forever be grateful to her. Here's some pics of the blanket that I did receive from Diana.

Austin started preschool this week, and although he misses Miss Michelle, his new teacher Miss Janet, is so kind and sweet. He also started soccer and once I burn the pics onto a CD I will post those. He acts like it is football cause he tries to tackle someone with the ball, then again maybe he thinks it is basketball cause when the ball is out of bounds and they throw it in, he puts his arms up to catch it. He has been saying some of the cutest things lately, like today in church he saw a picture of Jesus on the water in a boat and said "Jesus is in a pirate ship!". Scott and I busted a gut over that one. Many of you have already heard when we were at Target last week he saw a guy with a patch on his eye and said "Hey it is a pirate!" The guy had a great sense of humor and said "Argh!" to him, and he said "the pirate said Argh!" I was embarresed over that one, but he was standing by my friends husband, so the guy probably thought he was his kid not mine. Just kidding. He wants to do everything just like Scott, so here is a pic of him "shaving".

I will close with a picture of Brock sleeping, which is what he loves. I have taken a lot more pictures over the last week, I just need to get them on a CD. This old computer stuff is killing me :)


He is such a awesome baby, and we love him so much!

Karen

2 comments:

Wight Family said...

Karen, you are the best. I am so sorry about that blanket from Diana!! I hope the person that figured they needed it, really does and that they enjoy it and love it. How special to have friends that loves you so much! Chocolate fountain shower sounds like my speed!

~Our Family~ said...

Karen this is Cindy from the lds adoption group.. Brock is so cute.. Congrats on your adoption of him.. It sure is a special thing.. He is such a cutie.. I love the picture of your other son with the shaving cream on his face that to funny.. Take care..