Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Austin's Birthday

Ok, I am about 2 weeks late in posting this, I guess I am still adjusting to working again. We had a great time with Austin on his birthday and he was so excited to be 5! Scott finished his bunkbeds, and then we had his cousins, a few friends, Aunts and Uncles and his grandparents over for a Wall-E party. The only pizza Austin will eat is the Thai Peanut Pizza from California Pizza Kitchen, so Scott went to Salt Lake to get him that, while the rest of ate pizza from Papa Johns. The cake was darling, and Dick's Market did a great job, so much better than what I attempted last year with the Thomas cake.

Austin picked out a horse pinata, and the kids had a great time swinging at it. His cousins Spencer, Bennion, and Tate spent the night with him on his new bunk beds. We started out with two kids on the top and two kids on the bottom, and that did not last, so Tate and Austin went into his old room and slept there. It was great to have the boys in our home, and Austin had a blast with his first sleep over. I am so glad he has so many cousins his age.

We are off to Hawaii so Austin can go whale watching. He has really been looking forward to this. I can't believe I have been back to work for over 3 weeks and still not been on a plane.

Hopefully I will have cool pics to post from our trip...

Aloha,
Karen

2 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Can't wait to see the pics! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Kristin Kimber said...

Happy Birthday Austin! You are growing up way to fast.