We started this blog when we got approved for adoption over a year ago. It has been a fun way to keep up with people, and for me a journal of some sort. Yesterday was one of the culminating events of this blog...
All morning long yesterday Brocky was just so happy, didn't cry much and would just look at me. I really believe he felt something was about to change. I was a crazy lady and went shopping to find something to wear, although without success. I wanted to look perfect for the pictures, don't know why I waited until the last two days to do it, but it seems that is my life lately.
We got to the court house, and met our attorney for the first time. He was amazing, and so super nice. In the court room we had to wait for two other procedures to go before us, and then it was our turn. They let Austin sit at the table with us, and we were sworn in. The attorney asked me some questions while Scott held Brock, and then he held Brock while he was asking Scott the questions. If anyone ever wants a great adoption attorney let me know, and I will give you his name. It was then time for Judge Morris. He talked about how he was a family man and liked to be a part of adoptions. He asked us some questions and asked Austin lots of questions. He was AMAZING! Austin was so cute, and so well behaved! I almost felt like it was a pep talk, and felt very uplifted by the Judge. It was such a super cool experience that is hard to put into words, I really didn't know it would be that neat, and I am sure some of it was because we had a great Judge and great attorney.
After he finalized the adoption he let us take pictures with him. I don't know what was wrong with my camera, but the pics are blurry, so I may post more from my parents or Linda's. The Judge was so cute and let Austin hold his gavel.
Although in my heart I never felt like the adoption would not go through, there is a sense of peace about it now, and more of a completeness. Yesterday my main emotion was of gratitude toward Rhonda for her courage, and strength, and for her love of the baby that she placed him with us. I knew when I was going through all the infertility stuff that one day this would all be worth it, well I can honestly say it was. It was a crazy journey for us to get Brock here, but a great one as well.
Karen
17 years ago




8 comments:
BIG HUGE CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!!! What a wonderful day and soooooo deserved!!! Love you!!!
Yeah that is exciting.. It gives you a sense of relief to know that he is yours forever now though at least that is how I felt.. DO you have an open adoption with Rhonda? Dumb me forgot to even bring a camera to take any pictures.. Oh well.. I'm so sorry I haven't forgot about the turkey I just forget to ask my mom.. I know that she cooks it in the oven at least she did when we were up camping for a couple of hours. Then she puts it in a dutch oven with some gravy, onions cut up, celery and lets it cook for hours.. It is really good I'm not a turkey fan but I do like it...
Okay Okay, you got me to cry before 10 am!! I'm so happy for you all! Thanks Rhonda for all that you've given my friends! Brock is such a cute baby boy!
Oh I'm so happy things went so well and everything's official. When do you go to the temple?
I am so happy for you! Glad the stressful part is over.
YA!!! Congratulations! We are so excited for the official news... we just love you guys!! And that little Brocky- he is our favorite little guy!
Tears were in my eyes as I read this because I am so so happy for you and they your dream came true. Brock is so perfect for your family and I know you will always have such a special place in your heart for him because of all the pain that you had to go through to get him here. Love ya
Kar, Iam so happy for your family!
You are an Amazing person, friend & mom! May the Lord Bless you and your family forever! Love ya, Rachel
Post a Comment