Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hawaii

Ok so I am a little late in posting this, I wish I could explain my mind or lack of, but I simply don't have a good explanation.

The night before we left I kept going over and over the flights with my coworkers. I knew we were going to have to go to Maui via LAX cause the Salt Lake nonstop was sold out. That flight did not leave LAX until 5 pm, and there was a flight from Salt Lake to LA that left at 11 am that got there in plenty of time. I thought we would probably make that flight with my senority, but I wasn't sure, so I went with my gut and we went on the 8:30 am flight. Ok, I was not all the way packed, so for me that meant 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I am slowly getting used to NO sleep what so ever!

So we made it on the on the flight, and Austin was so cute, and so excited to go to "Ha wayi" I wish you could hear how he says it, cause it is so cute. Because we had over 6 hours in between flights, we had to go get our luggage and reclaim it, once it was 6 hours before our flight. The kids were amazing as we hung out in the LAX airport for over 7 hours waiting to go to Hawaii. I am so glad we took the early flight cause the flight that we were going to go on, ended up getting delayed until 6pm, and we would have missed our flight to Maui, and Austin would have been so disappointed.

When we got off the plane, he just kept saying "I'm so happy, I love Hawaii." He kept jumping up and down, and we had been traveling for like 15 hours. The boys were great on the long flight and slept most of the way.

We made it to Paia Fish House that night,and on our way there I grabbed some POG. I love POG! Our Mahi Mahi was great, and we were all just happy to be there. The next day we went to the swap meet to get our Pineapple Butter. I had called Jeff from Jeff's Jams and Jellies to tell him we were coming, and when we got to his booth, he had forgotten and did not have any, so then we went on the hunt to find some, which we found a few jars, but not as many as we wanted.

We then went whale watching, and although we didn't see many whales, Austin loved it. That night we went to Aloha Mixed Plate, which was great as usual. Ok, this sounds like a food blog, it is not but Scott and I have our favorite places to eat in Maui.

Sunday we just kinda hung out and drove around trying to see more whales. Even though it was a short trip, it was so fun, and I am so glad we went. Austin just cried and cried when we took the rental car back. As we were leaving Maui he shut the window on the plane, cause it made him too sad to say good bye to Hawaii. He said "I don't want to live in Utah, I want to live in Hawaii". Yeah, me too. The boys were once again amazing on the flight, I guess we are breeding flyers like mom. The trips make every single horriable bad call worth it. I love Maui, and it has such a special place in my heart.

Shereen was in town for a few days when I got home, so it was fun to see her. On Tuesday I felt another bump on my gum line. What the heck! Another tooth that the dentist missed, and should have caught almost 2 years ago. Whatever. I have been so busy getting ready for the upcoming weekend. We are excited, and every day I am more and more grateful that we were blessed to have Brock come to us. He is such a funny little guy and I love him so much.

Till next post...hopefully before April...

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Are you serious? You went to Maui and didn't take any pictures for those of us living vicariously? LOL.
Sounds soooooo fun!

Wight Family said...

Hey Friend. I'm glad you made it to Hawaii! I'm jealous that you got to go and that I'm home looking at brown ugly grass. But I had my turn...
Can't wait to see you and the boys on Monday!

Jessica Rodgers said...

sorry we never ended up getting together in maui but cant wait to see you next week!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

We're going to Maui in May...CAN NOT WAIT!!! Give me some ideas of places to go ok?

~Our Family~ said...

Wow it looks like you had a blast.. You guys go on vacation alot I wish we could go to Hawaii never been there and I would love to take our kiddos...

Kristin Kimber said...

I am so jealous you guys were able to go to Hawaii. It looks like you had a great time. We have the greatest perks at Delta!