Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hard to write...

I have had a hard time wanting to write with the week we have had. The news of Scott's dad passing away was one of the most shocking things I have ever been through. I am very lucky to have a dad that I adore, and I was very lucky to have a father in law that I adored as well. I knew he loved me and his support for our family was amazing and never ending. I am grateful that Austin will have a memory of him, and his memory will live on to Brock. I am also grateful for the great dad he was to Scott. I know that Scott is the amazing dad he is to our kids because of his Dad. Here is a poem that was read at his funeral:

What shall you give to one small boy?
A glamorous game, a tinseled toy?
A Boy Scout knife, a puzzle pack?
A train that runs on some curving track?
A picture book, a real live pet?
No, there’s plenty of time for such things yet.
Give him A day of his own,
Just one small boy and his dad alone.
A walk in the woods, a romp in the park,
A fishing trip from dawn to dark.
Give him the gift that only you can,
The companionship of his “old man.”
Games are outgrown toys decay,
But he’ll never forget if you give him a day.
Author Unknown

My family and neighbors were all so incrediably supportive. Here is a picture of the flowers that my family sent to the funeral.


I will miss him oh so very much, but although he is gone his legacy is not, and he will never be forgotten...now my buddy has his grandpa to play with...

Karen

3 comments:

Nite Family said...

So sorry to hear of your loss but how comforting it is to have the knowledge that we can be with our loved ones again, if we can only live so worthy.

Lisa said...

Karen,
I am so sorry to hear of Scott's dad's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. God bless. Lisa

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

I AM SO VERY SORRY YOU GUYS! We love you and wish we could be over there just to hug you during this time of great loss...Ethan will have his grampa with him now. I'm so sorry!