Saturday, May 9, 2009

Great cruise...

Scott and I had a great time with my family on our cruise. It has taken me forever to post about it cause I have had a hard time adjusting being back home. While on the cruise, I slept like I haven't since Brock was born, and now to come back all rested and then get no sleep is taking its toll on me. Hence it taking me forever to post about the trip...

It was so hard to leave the boys. I told Austin we were going on a trip that when we got back I would take him somewhere. He said he wanted to go to Aunt Vic's pool...We had the sweetest girl come stay at our home with the boys, Austin called her "Friend Jessica" or "Friend", and then the last two days the boys went to Scott's brothers, and his wife's home. I think after that time it was good for Aussie to be around someone that reminded him of his dad. According to everyone both kids did great while we were gone.

We took the redeye out to Atlanta and then flew onto Miami. We were with two of my brothers and Vicki and her Scott on this flight. By the time we got to the ship we were so tired and hungary! I have to say I was so sad about leaving the kids that I did not get excited until we were on the ship with all of my siblings. It was fun to sailaway and see Miami. We met our two waiters that night, and then crashed pretty early. The next day was a day at sea which was fun, and relaxing. We then sailed onto Grand Cayman. We rented scooters with Ed and Lis, and Vic and Scott and found a beach to hang out on and went snorkeling. We then drove up to Hell, Grand Cayman. I loved Cayman Islands. The beach was the whitest beach I have ever seen and the ocean so blue.

Our next day was a stop in Roatan Honduras where we went zip linning with everyone. My pop was a trooper and did all lines. We then were dropped off at a beach. Even though the beaches were not as nice, I loved the people in Honduras.

For our day in Belize, Scott and I just walked around the city and did a little shopping. Our next stop was supposed to be Cozumel Mexico, but because of the swine flue outbreak we had a day at sea and then stopped in Key West Florida. I liked Key West better than I thought I would. We walked around a bit and did some shopping the whole time in search of the best key lime pie. I do believe we finally found it...

Austin sings a song "Cheeseburgers in Paradise" by Jimmy Buffet. Well we went and ate "cheeseburgers in paradise". It was a great break from cruise food, and really good. We then walked to the "southernmost point of the United States", and then went and toured Ernest Hemingways's home. The home was super cool, and I felt like we had gone back in time. I really enjoyed Key West, and if it was closer I would go back.

I loved all the ports, but my favorite part of the cruise was eating breakfast most mornings with my siblings and sitting down to dinner everynight with them. I felt like a kid again. The last time we went on a cruise my little brothers we still at home, and we had only been married a year, so I don't think I fully appreciated being able to spend time with everyone. I guess I am older and wiser now, but I am grateful for chance we were able to spend a week all together with my parents.

0 comments: