Wow! 2008. We have had a very fun last few weeks. So I will try to start off by going back and then forward...
On Christmas Eve, I did probably the meanest thing (but not intentionally) I have ever done to Austin. My good friend from growing up, Lisa had a layover in Salt Lake on her way back from adopting a little boy from Taiwan. She now lives in Dallas and I really wanted to meet this little guy Tyler. So Austin and I went to the airport and went through security, and the whole time he kept saying "I go to Disneyland now, I get on a airplane". I had to keep telling him we were not there to go on an airplane, but flying as much as does, he did not get it, and was so disappointed that we didn't go to Disneyland. For me, it was a great time seeing Lisa and meeting her new son Tyler. He is such a doll. We plan on going to visit them hopefully in the next month while she is off on leave.
Anyways, Austin got over the Disneyland thing after we left the airport and was fine. A few years ago Scott and I started going to McGrath's Fish House on Christmas Eve, so we did the same thing this year, we then came home and Austin got his "Cars" pj's and "Cars" slippers. He is so cute when he walks in them, he pretends like he is driving his feet. Christmas morning was a blast. Austin was so excited to open all of his presents. He kept wanting more and more presents. Without question his favorite present was his "Mack" truck from the "Cars" movie. Move over Thomas and Friends, you got some competition with Lightning McQueen. :) We had a great breakfast, with our Christmas tradition of the Danish Pastry I had made a few days before.
We went to Scotts parents house for Christmas Dinner, and like usual it was amazing. It was fun to see everyone, and eat lots of homeade chocolates. With my parents living in Seattle this year, it was so weird not to be able to see them over the holidays, that being said I loved everything about Christmas this year! Even though I got so far behind on my shopping it was still so fun, and Austin learned so many Christmas songs, I just had a blast with him.
The Sunday after Christmas my family got together for their Christmas party since two of my siblings, Shereen and Ryan got here after Christmas. Austin loves playing with all of his cousins, and he didn't quite get why he couldn't open all of the presents. He gave my nephew Tate some Thomas stuff, and it was tough for him, but Jailee did him good by getting him some "Cars" toys. Such a fun night to be with my brothers and sisters and all the nieces and nephews.
The holidays are filled with tradition, and once again we got together with some friends Scott knew in Spain, to celebrate New Years. We have done this since the year we were dating, and is always so much fun. We make the Spanish Paella, eat lots of other Spanish food, and then 12 seconds before midnight everyone has to eat 12 grapes to ensure they have a good year. I can't ever seem to do it, but I know Scott was close this year.
So now we are into the new year. I am looking forward to all the we have going on!
Karen
On Christmas Eve, I did probably the meanest thing (but not intentionally) I have ever done to Austin. My good friend from growing up, Lisa had a layover in Salt Lake on her way back from adopting a little boy from Taiwan. She now lives in Dallas and I really wanted to meet this little guy Tyler. So Austin and I went to the airport and went through security, and the whole time he kept saying "I go to Disneyland now, I get on a airplane". I had to keep telling him we were not there to go on an airplane, but flying as much as does, he did not get it, and was so disappointed that we didn't go to Disneyland. For me, it was a great time seeing Lisa and meeting her new son Tyler. He is such a doll. We plan on going to visit them hopefully in the next month while she is off on leave.
Anyways, Austin got over the Disneyland thing after we left the airport and was fine. A few years ago Scott and I started going to McGrath's Fish House on Christmas Eve, so we did the same thing this year, we then came home and Austin got his "Cars" pj's and "Cars" slippers. He is so cute when he walks in them, he pretends like he is driving his feet. Christmas morning was a blast. Austin was so excited to open all of his presents. He kept wanting more and more presents. Without question his favorite present was his "Mack" truck from the "Cars" movie. Move over Thomas and Friends, you got some competition with Lightning McQueen. :) We had a great breakfast, with our Christmas tradition of the Danish Pastry I had made a few days before.
We went to Scotts parents house for Christmas Dinner, and like usual it was amazing. It was fun to see everyone, and eat lots of homeade chocolates. With my parents living in Seattle this year, it was so weird not to be able to see them over the holidays, that being said I loved everything about Christmas this year! Even though I got so far behind on my shopping it was still so fun, and Austin learned so many Christmas songs, I just had a blast with him.
The Sunday after Christmas my family got together for their Christmas party since two of my siblings, Shereen and Ryan got here after Christmas. Austin loves playing with all of his cousins, and he didn't quite get why he couldn't open all of the presents. He gave my nephew Tate some Thomas stuff, and it was tough for him, but Jailee did him good by getting him some "Cars" toys. Such a fun night to be with my brothers and sisters and all the nieces and nephews.
The holidays are filled with tradition, and once again we got together with some friends Scott knew in Spain, to celebrate New Years. We have done this since the year we were dating, and is always so much fun. We make the Spanish Paella, eat lots of other Spanish food, and then 12 seconds before midnight everyone has to eat 12 grapes to ensure they have a good year. I can't ever seem to do it, but I know Scott was close this year.
So now we are into the new year. I am looking forward to all the we have going on!
Karen







0 comments:
Post a Comment