It has been awhile since I posted. We had a fantastic time in Hawaii. The 7 hour plane ride over there was a bit long for Austin, but he did good considering he is only 3. Right as we were landing I got this happy feeling inside. I love Maui. I love how green it is, I love the food, and I love just looking at the ocean. Our first day there we hung out at the beach, it was super windy but Austin had a great time playing in the ocean with my friends girls. The next day we took a whale cruise. The whales are my favorite thing about Maui. They are so cool to watch. We also ate at my two favorite restaurants and I drank more POG in 2 1/2 days than you can imagine. I am so glad we went. It was great to get away from the snow.
Last week we were supposed to go to Disneyland, but with all the storms, it never worked out right with flights. Hopefully in the next few weeks we can make it there. I have the bug super bad to go. Yesterday we got home from Phoenix. I went to see my sister and niece who live there. My niece has two kids, one who is 6 months younger than Austin, and he had a blast playing with them. My sister Shereen (or Rene as Austin says) also has two dogs, Sadie and Tess that Austin loves. It was great to go shopping and just hang out with Jess (my niece) Britnany and Jailee (my little brothers wife and daughter) and Shereen and kids (when I say kids I include the dogs, cause I love them to pieces). My job has allowed me to have so many cool opportunties, and because of it, Austin knows his family in Phoenix as well as his family here.
So that is my part of the travel blog. There will be more to come as I am going to San Fran tonight to hang out with Mindy, my friend who lost her daughter in September. I really enjoy having another "heart mom" to talk to. San Fran is my "homeland" and I haven't been in almost a year. That is way too long for me.
Later...
Karen
Last week we were supposed to go to Disneyland, but with all the storms, it never worked out right with flights. Hopefully in the next few weeks we can make it there. I have the bug super bad to go. Yesterday we got home from Phoenix. I went to see my sister and niece who live there. My niece has two kids, one who is 6 months younger than Austin, and he had a blast playing with them. My sister Shereen (or Rene as Austin says) also has two dogs, Sadie and Tess that Austin loves. It was great to go shopping and just hang out with Jess (my niece) Britnany and Jailee (my little brothers wife and daughter) and Shereen and kids (when I say kids I include the dogs, cause I love them to pieces). My job has allowed me to have so many cool opportunties, and because of it, Austin knows his family in Phoenix as well as his family here.
So that is my part of the travel blog. There will be more to come as I am going to San Fran tonight to hang out with Mindy, my friend who lost her daughter in September. I really enjoy having another "heart mom" to talk to. San Fran is my "homeland" and I haven't been in almost a year. That is way too long for me.
Later...
Karen








0 comments:
Post a Comment