Saturday, December 22, 2007

Memories of Christmas

This blog is about the present and the future, so very rarely will I ever talk about the past, but fact is, for our family our past is huge, and is still very much a part of our lives. It is hard for me to believe it has been 5 years since our last Christmas with Ethan. I remember everything so well about that Christmas, and not a Christmas goes by that I don't think about our little guy, and all he brought to our lives.

We knew shortly before Christmas, that Ethan's heart condition was getting worse. I remember sitting him on Santa's lap and him asking this little 2 year old what he wanted. I cried and said "A new heart". We had so much fun with him, and I am grateful that we loved every moment, every smile, every laugh, and every amazing word he would say. I am honored to be a mom of a little guy in heaven and as much as I miss him would not change a thing.

As a poem we have says, "don't shed a tear, for I am spending Christmas with Jesus this year". I will not shed tears, but I will smile, and be glad that we were able to have two great Christmas's with him.

Karen

0 comments: