Monday, February 11, 2008

February!!





Despite all the snow we have been doing lots of fun things lately. A few weeks ago we had one of the funnest family nights we have ever had (ok, probably the only fun family night cause this was our first one as we realized Austin is getting older and we need to start doing it). We went with my brother Mike, his wife Emily and their two kids Spencer and Bennion roller skating, and bouncing at the local rink. The kids had a blast, the adults, well we came back a little sore, but it was still so much fun. For our treat we took the kids to Krispy Kreme. Austin loves to watch the donuts being made and could stand there for hours. He had a great time with his cousins, and it was such a fun way to start our "Family Night".

I went to San Fran to spend the weekend with my friend. It was a great healing experience for me. I love that city! We went by Oakland and I took Mindy on the "Hill of Death". The closest rush to being on a roller coaster that you can have in a car....I think she really was surprised that it truly felt like the hill of death. We went to Tadich Grill which is my all time favorite restaurant. I never get tired of eating there, and I am so glad my job allows me to go to my favorite places to eat, whether they are in San Diego, Hawaii or San Fran. My friend at work says she dreams about food, that might be the case for me too.

Last week I found out my little brother Yoda (yes, Yoda like Star Wars Yoda, he has had big ears since he was a baby and that is how long we have been calling him that) and his wife Tasha, and kids Tate and Addie were going to Disneyland on Wed. I have had the bug to go since I got snowed in a few weeks ago, so Austin and I met them there on Wed. The whole time on the plane Austin kept saying "I go see Tater". He really loves his cousins, and I am so glad there are so many his age. We had one of the funnest times ever in Disneyland. Tate was so scared of seeing Mickey that on the way into his house, he was holding both of Austins hands. Such a great time, and the weather was beautiful. Trips like that make all the bad calls at work worth it.

Scott took his 11 year old scouts on a Klondike Derby last weekend. He spent so much time working on the sled, and had a great time with the boys. The sled is awesome and he did such a great job.

I am so glad the weather is finally starting to break...I need real sun! Next week is Austins birthday and we are planning to have a party with the back door neighbors and then take Austin to Scotts parents home so they can see him on his special day. He starting to talk so much more, and am just loving this age!

Happy Valentines day, and of coarse if he was here, Happy Birthday to Ethan on the 16th. You are my buddy forever.

Karen

0 comments: