Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Patiently waiting....

Well Rhonda has been here for 2 weeks now, and the countdown has begun! We have done lots of fun things with her, such has taken her fishing (twice, the second time she caught 8 fish), gone to Preston Idaho so she can see the Napoloean Dynamite sites, taken her to the Bountiful Parade and fireworks (she said it is the best fireworks she has ever seen, and never been so close to them), gone to the Great Salt Lake, introduced her to fry sauce (which she likes!), and had her meet a lot of our family. Austin loves having her here. I have cooked some of my favorite dishes to help her gain weight before she has the baby. It has been great to get to know her better, and see what a great fit we are together. We are still amazed at her, and so grateful for her sacrifice. We know it has been hard for her to be so far away from home, but we are so glad to be able to spend time with her. She went to the doctor last week and was dialated to a 1, she goes again today, but the plan is for him to induce her on the 12th. Ok, in case you haven't counted, that is 13 days away! Still hard to believe and comprehend that after all this waiting this little guy will soon be here.....

I will still be working until the baby comes. It helps keep my mind off everything. My parents moved back from Seattle this week, and my sister Shereen who lives in Phoenix, that has been her for a month is headed home on Friday. I am already missing her...

I am still running and doing my weight class. The marathon thing keeps coming to my head again. Dumb. After my first one I swore I would never do another, but now I have the bug again. I just need to find a running partner that is at my pace, and has the same goals I do. Maybe Ogden next spring, although with Scott going to four 10 hour days next week it could be hard to run in the morning.

13 to go....
Karen

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Karen,
Love seeing your blog and what you are up to. Love to hear the updates on Rhonda. We are praying for you and for her and the sweet little miracle who is on his way.

Love to you!
Lisa

Wight Family said...

ok, so I've never ran a marathon, I've contemplated it for like all of a few minutes, but I wish we lived closer so we could train together. I'm planning on running the half in the Ogden Marathon next year. It started right in front of my house this year!! Just something to think about. I'm a slow runner though. ugh. And I'll totally need to get cooking on the blanket I'm doing for your little guy! AHH!

Anonymous said...

Karen, you are awesome. I'm excited for you, and I'm sure the next few weeks will be crazy for you. See you at the reunion!