Sunday, July 13, 2008

A long time...












Wow, I didn't realize how much time had passed since I last wrote. I wish I could say the time is flying by, but it really isn't, although we have had a lot going on.

I am completely back to my running/weight lifting routine. It feels so good, and yet it is so time consuming. When Austin was in swim lessons, we would leave the house at 8:15, and not get back until after 11:30. Speaking of swim lessons...Austin did so good! I had him in the same class as his cousin Bennion, but Bennion didn't like it as well as Austin, and didn't go much. In his class was the son of my good friend from college, Shirlee. It was so much fun to sit and talk to her during the lessons. Austin loved his classmates, and his teachers, and passed. He has private lessons at the end of this month, and at first I was nervous for them, but now I am excited.

The dogs left about a week and a half ago. All day long I kept telling Austin that Rene was coming to get them. As soon as he saw Rene and Glen at the door he gave the worst crusty I have ever seen him give. When they left he went running down the driveway calling the dogs names. I was heartbroken! That night when we were driving to meet Scott so I could go to work, Austin said, "Mom I want to go on an airplane", I asked him where he wanted to go, and he said "To see Tess and Sadie". All day the next day he kept telling me it was time to go on Delta. Then through out the week, just randomly he would come and tell me he wanted a dog. It was a great experience for him to have both dogs in our home.



Without question the biggest event of the last month is that Rhonda is coming to Utah this week!! We are so excited to have her come, and to show her our beautiful state. She is now 34 weeks, and the doctors will induce her at 38 weeks if she hasn't had the baby already. It is so hard to imagine a baby in our home, it has been so long. WE ARE SO EXCITED! Don't ask us about names though, we have yet to agree on one.

We just got back from a cool, relaxing weekend at Bear Lake with Scott's family. It was nice to get a way and just chill.....I am sure it will be harder for me to "just chill" as the days get closer.

On the count down,
Karen

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! You could have a baby in the next 4 weeks--that's soon! Thanks for the update, keep 'em coming!

Wight Family said...

Karen, I am so excited for you! Don't forget to bring Rhonda to see the great Pineview Dam. ;) You don't have too. It is so hot up here. Dogs are fun too. That is so cute that Austin didn't want to let them go. They are easy to get attached to. I know! Good luck with it all.

Anonymous said...

Karen, I am so grateful that you called and updated me on your great news!!! To say that I am happy for you is a HUGE understatement! Let me know when he comes!