Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Oh my Gosh it's Dad"




The cutest thing ever, yesterday. Scott went to Alaska with his friends last Sunday so he was gone all week. Austin kept saying "Daddy is on a boat getting me fishies". Anyways we met him yesterday on the way home from the airport, and to drop Austin off on my way to work. The minute he saw Scott he said "Oh my Gosh, it's Dad!". He just layed his head on his shoulder for the longest time, and then once he got in his car seat he kept his hand on his leg. I would say he has been his shadow today, but it is more like velcro. He won't leave his site. It is great to see such a bond between the two of them.

We have a had so much going on. A week ago it was Austin's last day of preschool. I bawled my eyes out. I have loved his teachers this year, and they have meant so much to me. All of them have had such an impact on Austin and he is such a different kid now than he was when he started Preschool. I will be forever grateful for their love and support of my little guy.

We are now dog sitting. Shereen drove up from Phoenix a week ago Friday, for a family reunion on Glen's side. They brought the dogs up with them, because they will be flying up for a month in July. So, we have Sadie and Tess at our home. When Shereen came to the door and Austin saw the dogs he went crazy. He didn't care that "Rene" was there, he just loved seeing the dogs. That night he brought his blanket into where the kennels were and said "I sleep with Sadie and Tess". So I moved them to his room. He had a hard time settling down that night, and I went to move Tess's kennel, and he grabed my hand and said "Tess sleep in Austin's room!". He has been like glue to them, and we have had them for over a week. I was teasing him and saying they were going to go back to Phoenix and he said "No, Sadie and Tess stay with Aunt Karen". He is going to have a hard time when they go. They are both great dogs, and even though they are some work, it has been fun to have them in our home.

Austin starts swiming lessons this week with his cousin Bennion. I think he will have a blast. I have been working out like crazy. It feels good to be running again, although I need to venture off the treadmill and start going outside, although it is so super hot.

I will post some pics of the dogs and swimming next week.

Later,
Karen

3 comments:

Katie said...

That's such a cute story! I know Kiara couldn't get enough of her dad when we first got home from Utah. Sorry we didn't get to see you while we were there, maybe next time! What's the latest with Rhonda?

Wight Family said...

Kids are so cute. I love how innocent they are and their comments are so uncanny! Hope to see you soon!

Wight Family said...

I tried to post earlier but blogger was down. :( Your lil Austin sounds like he really loves his daddy. It will be great to meet you both soon!