Saturday, March 8, 2008

March!





I love the month of March, always have always will. Number one my birthday is in March and number two it is the month that winter usually starts to break. Our snow crocuses finally came up. Usually we see them in February, but this has been a very unusual winter. Scott was finally able to plant the peas in the garden, which we are so exicted about. We love our garden fresh vegtables.

So besides March, Austin had a birthday a few weeks ago. Actually I should say "birthdays" cause we celebrated it for about a week. Growing up, birthdays were huge in our family, and I think I have taken it to a whole new level with him. We had a "Cars" party two days before his birthday, and then on his actual birthday we went to Scotts parents and I made him a "Thomas" cake. It was my first experience actually doing the cake, now I can see why I haven't before. It took me over 4 hours, and still did not turn out so well. Oh well, next time. We had lots of fun with him. Hard to believe my baby is 4. We went to Phoenix the weekend after his birthday and had a great time with my sister and her family.

A few weeks ago Austin told me he wanted to go "mini golfing" so my friend from work and her kids and Austin and I flew to St. George and took the kids to Mesquite Nevada for lunch, and then went "mini golfing". I don't know that I was the best person to go with Austin for the first time, cause I can barely hold a club myself let alone teach him how to, but we had a great time. It was a super fun day and I am glad we went.

This last week was family week for us...my niece who placed her baby for adoption over a year ago got married. My parents were able to come home from Seattle, and my brother from LA came up, and my sister and niece from Phoenix came as well an stayed with us. We had a great time seeing everyone, and Austin loved having Liz or "Angel" as he calls her in our home.

It was my birthday yesterday, and we went out tonight to celebrate. We had a great time, and Austin kept saying "sing happy birthday Austin". He doesn't quite understand that other people have birthdays too, although I wish I didn't. I know that I will forever stay 29.

Ok in December I said I would not mention Ethan much, but how can I not, when his "Angel Day" (the day he passed away) is on the 13th. Hard to believe it has been 5 years. I would not trade his passing, but even after 5 years we still miss him. He is forever in our hearts, and I pray Austin and our future children know what an amazing blessing it is to have a brother in heaven. He is our angel.

Karen

1 comments:

Emily Snow said...

karen, happy belated birthday. glad you guys had fun.