Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lots to say

Well it has been awhile. Austin and I went to Disneyland on the 5th, and we were going to stay overnight, but we got there and it was a crowded mess. The lines were crazy (it took us an hour to get into Buzz Lightyear, what a joke!) and it was hot, so I called my friends at work and asked them what time the next flight was, and we were on our way. Literally 2 hours and 2 rides in Disneyland that day. Thats ok, at least I tried to make a fun day for him :)

We left for San Diego last Saturday and I seriously just slept and read for the first 24 hours we were there. One thing I love about going to Carlsbad (which is 30 miles north of San Diego) is once I get there I just completely unwind. We went to our favorite in the whole world Mexican restaurant in Carlsbad and got the best crab burrito you will ever eat. Scott and Austin played on the beach a lot while I got my two books read. I love to read but my problem is once I start a book, there is no putting it down.

Our neighbors Ron and Tammi and their two kids came on Sunday night, and then we all went down to Sea World on Monday. Ok we are crazy. In the last year we will have had season passes to Lagoon, Disneyland, and now Sea World. I am a dork. It was a lot of fun, Austin loved the dolphins, being able to pet the sting rays, and of coarse Shamu. Even though it was cold Austin wanted to go on the ride "Journey to Atlantis" and it was a blast, a combo of a roller coaster and Hollywood Tower of Terror.

Scott left right after we went to Sea World, and the next day Ron, Tammi, I and all the kids went to Pacific Beach, ate at Kono's which is the best breakfast place ever, and then walked along the pier. It was a lot of fun. Ron left for work so Tam and I spent the rest of the day shopping at the outlets. Austin got to see Santa again, and the whole time in line he was jumping up and down. I love this age!! My friend from work flew in that night so we headed to San Diego, ate at the Cheesecake Factory (if you ever go there get the Carrot Cake Cheesecake, you will be hooked!) and then went and picked her and her 4 year old son up. We totally just vegged at the beach the next day, and of coarse I had to take them to "my restaurant" Fidels Norte. Tammi and her kids left the next morning while my friend, Angela and her son and Austin and I decided at the last minute to go to Disneyland. I was a little nervous of the crowds, but they were not bad. Some of our other friends from work were there so it was fun to hang out with them.

If anyone who is reading this, has not been to Disneyland at Christmas time, GO! I would say drop your things right now, and go, but the crowds will kick in next week so go next year. In Small World they sing Jingle Bells and Small World, and it is decorated like you have never seen. The Christmas tree on Main Street is awesome, all the decorations are amazing and there is a beach Santa over at California Adventure. The characters all have their Christmas outfits on, and at night time, you have never seen anything like the lighted up Small World, I will post that picture when my friend emails it to me, my camera did not take right. Anyways, that is my adverstisement for Disneyland, but I am so glad we went this time. Austin went on some rides he has not been on before, but I have to say his favorite is still Buzz Lightyear and Small World, just like when he was 1 years old. While we were standing in line for Small World, Austin was singing (or maybe yelling) the words to Small World, people were laughing at him cause he was being soooo cute! Because I was with friends I was able to go on California Screamin' and Hollywood Tower of Terror. So fun. It was a great day with my boy, and worth getting lost on the way there!

We came back yesterday to this super cold weather. I thought the beach was cold, uh no! My four siblings that live here in Utah got together last night for dinner at PF Changs, and it was so much fun. When my mom and dad left on their mission in August we joked that we would see each other in a year (when they come home), but that has not been that case, and I am so glad that has not been the case. Scott and I are so lucky to have such great families.

Today Scott was able to go spend sometime with his sister in law, Robin who lost her husband this year. We love her so much, and I am so glad that even though Brent is no longer with us, she still loves us and wants to spend time with us.

So now I am back to the real world of cleaning the house, Christmas shopping (which I still have so much to do), and doing my holiday baking and candy making. Oh, and that Christmas letter has yet to go out, I am sure it will be the last card everyone receives. So not like me.

With all of the fun stuff we have done these last few weeks, the best thing that happened is, we were approved for our adoption on Wednesday! I did major Toyota jumps. There is still work to do, as we need to work on our website, but we are thrilled to be on our way.

I will be posting some pics from our trip, don't know how they will look as I am still trying to get a grasp on this whole blogger thing.

Until next time...
Karen

0 comments: