Wednesday, May 19, 2010

47 hours in Japan

Last September my friend from Naomi and I started talking about going to Japan for a day. We had the trip planned out, and then some things came up and we were not able to go. In February I started getting the bug to go again and started looking at the flights. We found the dates in March that we could get off, and then it became an open invitation to those who wanted to go. So it was 5 of us from my department at work on a girls trip. We flew through LAX both ways on a double decker plane.I have to say one of the best things about my job is the fact that I get to fly in Business class if space is available. We made sure it was on all of these flights cause it was 13 hours going there from LA, and 11 coming home, even though I liked Japan, I loved the flights. Having my own chair that lays flat, my own TV to watch anything I want and a menu with a 5 course meal. You feel so pampered. Just writing about it makes me want to jump on another international flight.
We arrived in Narita (about an hour away by train from Tokyo)at 4pm and left two days later at 3pm. My friend Rachel got us a great hotel right by the airport in Narita Japan that we stayed at for two nights. The first night we just hung around Narita, and then the next day we took the train into Tokyo. We saw some beautiful gardens with plum blossoms, took a cool boat ride and then saw a cool Japanese Temple. We went the Tokyo's "Time Square", and then back to the hotel. On thing that surprised us all was that we saw so many people wearing these face masks. I guess if you are sick you have to wear them. Well I found some in a vending machine in the Subway, so we thought we would try and fit in. I then took the best picture of my friend Lexi in a Japeanse toilet, only to find out later that she was standing the wrong way. 5 crazy moms is all I can say :)
That morning Rachel and I took the hotel shuttle to a mall in Narita and walked around a bit and then we were on our way back to the airport. Short trip, but super cool. Who can say then went to Tokyo for 47 hours? Oh, me and 4 of my friends. The cool benefits of working for Delta.

1 comments:

Wight Family said...

OH THAT sounded like fun!! Wish I could globe-trot with you!!!