Thursday, August 13, 2009

On to the current day...

Yesterday was Brocky's birthday. The last week has been full of emotion for me, as I have gone through every step of what happened last year at this time. As I looked at the time yesterday I knew exactly was happening at every minute of the day. I hope the memories stay as vivid as the are right now, even tonight I am thinking of Rhonda saying goodbye to Brock, and what a hard night that was for me. The year has gone by so fast, especially the last 6 months. I can't believe I have now been back to work as long as I was off. I was able to speak to Rhonda yesterday, which was great. She became a great friend to me, and I will always treasure my time with her. There is nothing I would change about our experience with the adoption, I only wish I was younger and had time for more.

Yesterday when Brocky woke up, Austin and I went into his room and started singing Happy Birthday. He was so excited, although I am sure he did not know what he was excited for. The whole day, Austin kept singing to him, and said to me, "Mom I have been a big brother for 1 year now." He got a visit from friend Donna, and lots of phone calls. Rhonda even spoke to him, and he laughed and giggled for her. I wanted to do something with him for his birthday that he would enjoy, so we took our cute next door neighbor kids up to the mall and got happy meals, and then went to the little playland they have at the mall so Brock could crawl around. He loved it, and was so happy to be with the kids. On Sunday we are going to have his big party with his number "1" cake that he can dig into. It will be a great day, and I am so excited!!

2 comments:

Lovette Family said...

Wow - he's already 1!! Enjoy them while they are young...before long they turn into teenagers and are off to college. Kayla is starting at ISU the end of the month...Miss you, Karen!

Marci

Jessica Rodgers said...

Wish I could be there to see him eat his cake. I look forward to pictures