Ok it has been forever since I posted. The month of July is like a blur to me, and we are already now in Mid-August. Hard to believe Austin has one week left of summer before he goes into the big kindergarten. I will go backward, and then forward with a recap of the last month...
Our trip to Boston, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont: We flew into Boston and stayed the night, and then drove through New Hampshire to get to Maine. The first day we st oped at this little place and got lobster rolls and then headed up the coast. I had done some reading and found a cool place about 2 1/1 hours from where we were staying called "Red's Eats" in Wiscasset Maine. It was worth the drive for this 1 1/4 lb of lobster on a piece of bread, drizzled with butter and lemon. We also had the best clam strips I have ever eaten at someplace the first day. By the end of our two days in Maine, we had both had enough lobster to last us for awhile, but it was all amazing. Our last day of our trip we drove down to Vermont to the birthplace of the LDS prophet Joseph Smith. It was a beautiful drive, and one I would do again. If anyone has any interest in going there, talk to me about it. Words cannot describe the feeling there. I was surprised at how rural this part of the country was.
So that is my travel journal back east, the kids did really well on the flights considering how long they were. Ever since I started working for Delta I have wanted to do this trip and I am so glad I did.
On the 24th of July we went with all of my family to a cabin in Heber City for 2 days. I was in charge of this reunion, and I am pretty sure it was a success. My niece and her 3 kids came up from Phoenix, as well as my sister, her husband and son, and my brother Dave and all of his family from California. It was so fun spending time with my family, and I am so glad everyone made such an effort to come. We made a "theater" outside with a sheet and watched night movies and the kids went wild in the cabin.
So I will get caught up on pics of this and then post more about everything else!
17 years ago




1 comments:
Ben is from New Hampshire and his family still lives there so we go back East as often as possible (we even went there on our honeymoon in the dead of winter and it was still awesome!). New England is the most beautiful place I've ever been and the church history sites are amazing! Glad you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment