Thursday, November 19, 2009

Catching up...

Time has gotten away from me! I don't know if it is the fact that my almost 40 year old body is starting to slow down, or if it is the adjustment of Aussie being in school full time and me not being able to give away as many shifts as I am used to. So here goes a post, I guess 3 weeks late isn't too bad. I wanted to at least get it up before Thanksgiving!

We once again had the amazing opportunity of going to the condo in Carlsbad. One word...AHHH! As much as I love other places in the world, in my mind this is my happy place. Even just thinking about it, I get this sense of peace. We invited my little brother and his family to go with us, they have kids around our kids age and we knew they would be fun to hang with. My bro and his wife had bought tickets to see U2 in Las Vegas the day before we had the condo, so Scott and I with help from my friend Lisa flew with their two kids to San Diego, and they drove from Vegas to Carlsbad. All 4 kids were pretty good on the flight, and luckily we all had seats together.

Scott and I saw something on the Food Network about a pizza place in San Diego called Luigi's so we went and checked it out on the first day. It was so good...we went back again later on in the week and I am sure it will now be on the list of places to eat in San Diego. Of course we went a few times to El Norte and got our crab burrito.

We got season passes to Sea World again...by the time we go one day, it's not that much for a year...Austin actually likes Sea World more than Disneyland. We had a great time there with my bro and his kids, and Brocky was so good. He loved the Shamu show and was mezmorized by it.

On this trip my bro got us hooked on a board game called "Settlers of Catan". While we were on our cruise my brothers would go into the library of the ship after dinner and play it, I couldn't figure out why they were so addicted, well I now I know. I love that game and I can't even tell ya how many times we played it. I am sure it will be a great Christmas gift for us, if I can hold out until Christmas to buy it.

We came back the morning of Halloween. The kids were so cute this year, and when we painted Brocky's hair he looked so different, Austin did too, infact my brother in law didn't even realize it was him at the Grandkid Halloween party. That party was actually held after Halloween due to everyone's crazy schedules. As always my parents did a great job and the kids had a blast with their cousins.

Oh, one big thing I forgot to mention....the fence is in! Yeah!!! It looks great and Scott as always did a fantastic job.

Next up, Polar Express and night at the cabin and then Thanksgiving at the cabin. We are going to try and go to Sea World in December...hopefully that will work out. My work schedule with is a little crazy as the merger with Northwest is almost complete.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

0 comments: