I have so much to write about our amazing weekend, and maybe the reason I haven't is that it is hard to put into words just how truly cool and awesome it was! So here goes my attempt!
Shereen and Jessica came in on Thursday, and then Jessica and her baby Alaina spent the day with me on Friday as I tried to get our house ready for people to come over. She was a great help, and we had fun finding things to add to home.
We got to the Temple at about 10:30, and they had a special room for the boys to go to. The sisters were so sweet with them, and everyone treated us all so special. We went to wait for the sealing to start and I saw my good buddy Candis from Utah State. It was so great to see her there, and just brought happiness to my heart. There is a certain spot that I always stand in when I go to the Bountiful Temple. I look out, and I know I am looking right at Ethan's grave. I have to say, I felt him with me stronger that day than I have in a while. The whole week, I was so emotional just thinking about it, and yet so grateful to be a mom of an angel who at times gets to feel his sweet spirit.
Austin and Brock were so super cute in the Sealing and I had an amazing peace. To be there with all of my friends and family in that room, was worth every tear, every crazy drug and every crazy emotion I had to go through to get to where I needed to be, so I could have that moment.
We went outside and took pictures, and it was awesome. I am so grateful for all the love and support of everyone. I feel so blessed to have had this wonderful day in my life.
After pictures were done we went to Bajio's for a quick lunch, and then Shereen and Jessica came up to our home to help us decorate, cook and get things ready. It was a crazy night, and yet I am so grateful for all of their help. I truly could not have done it without them. I am also so appreciative all all the help of our family and friends who brought food and help get things ready. My sister Vicki is the catering queen and she helped so much with all the dishes/tables/food etc....
We woke up Sunday morning to snow. Yep, snow the very end of March. My luck. Oh well, at least it didn't snow the day before. We put heaters out in the garage and set everything up. Jessica made an awesome video of our sealing pics and even though it was in our garage it felt like a multi purpose room cause our garage is so big and painted.
Brocky's blessing was awesome. Scott did a great job, and my nephew said he peaked, and saw that Brock was looking all around at everyone during the blessing. We so great to have all of our friends and family with us at church. We then went back to our house and had chicken salad sandwiches on crossiants. It was so fun to visit and Austin loved having everyone in our home.
It was probably the busiest craziest weekend of my life, but that being said, the best one. Ever since we decided to adopt, this was something I looked forward to, and it was worth the wait, and worth everything else. It is nice feeling to have our family complete.
17 years ago




3 comments:
I am so glad things went so well for you guys. I agree, the sealing makes everything you have to go through up to that point worth it. Your boys are adorable! I am so happy for you guys.
I thought it was a great weekend! I am so glad to have been a part of it. I do feel a little responsible for the snow. Thanks for sharing with me.
wow...I love the pictures Karen...what a beautiful and much deserving day for you!
Post a Comment